Small Business Stimulus
The City of Hopkinsville is committed to supporting our community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Elected officials and city staff are working diligently to support our citizens and small businesses throughout the pandemic and recovery.
As part of that support, we are offering small business stimulus funds based on these guidelines. Funds are available as follows:
- Up to $750 – For Sole-Proprietor, Partnership, LLC, etc. (NOT submitting City Payroll Withholdings)
- Up to $2,000 – For Businesses Submitting City Payroll Withholdings
Stimulus funds will be paid on first-come, first-served basis until funds are expended. A minimum of $50,000 has been reserved for Sole-Proprietor businesses.
To be eligible for award consideration, businesses must:
- Have experienced a loss due to COVID-19
- Have their Corporate Headquarters located within Christian County, Kentucky
- Have a current Hopkinsville Business License
- Have paid the Minimum Net Profit License Fee of $250 for tax filing year 2019 *
- NOT have paid a Net Profit License Fee greater than $1,500 *
- NOT be delinquent on any taxes owed to the City of Hopkinsville – including but not limited to Licenses/Payroll/Property taxes as of September 1, 2020
- Have 25 full-time equivalent employees or fewer
These businesses are NOT eligible for the stimulus.
- Zero return filers
- Rental Businesses (Filing Schedule E)
- Businesses with Net Profits greater than $100,000
October 6, 2020 Application criteria finalized
November 2, 2020 Application submissions begin at 8:00 a.m.
November 16, 2020 Application deadline by 4:30 p.m.; application review begins
November 30, 2020 Payments begin
December 15, 2020 Payments end
Applications will be available online starting at 8:00 a.m. on November 2, 2020. Applications may also be picked up at the Municipal Center, Library, or Chamber of Commerce starting October 30, 2020.