HPD Citizen Complaint Form
If you prefer to download a printable PDF copy of this form, please click here. Completed forms can be mailed to the Hopkinsville Police Department, 112 West First Street, Hopkinsville, KY 42240.
This is a means for the Hopkinsville Police Department to identify policy/procedure problems or personnel problems involving either civilian or sworn personnel.
If the investigation sustains a wrong-doing on the part of any member of the department, disciplinary and or corrective action will be taken as outlined in the City of Hopkinsville Personnel & Policies Manual, current edition; as specified in Kentucky Revised Statue, the Police Officers Bill of Rights; and according to departmental policies.
- All complaint forms are to be completed and forwarded to the office of the appropriate Bureau Captain.
- That “Bureau Captain” will review the complaint and assign the investigation to either the officers’/employees’ supervisor or to the Internal Affairs Office.
- All facts pertinent to the complaint will be compiled and evidence gathered.
- The investigating officer will complete and forward to the initiating Bureau Captain a written report of the findings. That “Bureau Captain” will review the report and forward it to the Chief of Police.
- The Chief of Police shall then make a decision, which is final and a matter of record.
- A disposition of the investigation will be made and kept on file at the Hopkinsville Police Department.
- The complainant will be notified as to the outcome of the investigation.
- If an action of wrongdoing is sustained, the complainant may be asked to appear in person to testify against the employee(s) involved.