City Announces Departure of City Administrator Nate Pagan
Pagan stated, “Hopkinsville is a great community and it has been a genuine privilege to serve here over the last four and a half years alongside such devoted professionals and elected officials. This transition will certainly be bittersweet for my family and me. We have truly appreciated our time here.”
Charged with the day-to-day oversight of city government operations, Pagan has been intimately involved in a number of successful initiatives including:
- retail development at Hopkinsville Towne Center,
- James E. Bruce Convention Center expansion and securing a neighboring hotel,
- Altria/U.S. Smokeless Tobacco manufacturing facility investments,
- establishment of Commerce Park II,
- creation of the Fort Campbell Strong Defense Alliance,
- HWEA-Fort Campbell gas line and water line projects,
- Atmos Energy natural gas franchise renewal, and
- overseeing Hopkinsville-Christian County WINS.
Mayor Carter Hendricks stated, “While we are excited for Nate and his family, we are sad to lose such a valuable member of Team Hopkinsville. Nate has been an exceptional CAO and has worked tirelessly to ensure we are moving Hopkinsville forward with a bold vision and strategic partnerships between the city, county, and multiple stakeholders. That said, we wish him the best of luck in his next endeavor.”
Hendricks added, “We will be working closely with Nate through his last day to ensure a smooth transition and to develop a process to find his successor. With support from our team and from City Council, I have the utmost confidence that we’ll continue making progress and that we will find an outstanding candidate to be our next CAO. I look forward to working with the Council and key city personnel to ensure we do just that.”
For additional information, please contact the Mayor’s Office at (270) 890-0200.