Walmart Neighborhood Market Continues Community Investments with Support of International Festival
Featuring fun for the whole family, Hopkinsville International Festival showcases activities from some two dozen countries each year. Signature elements of the event include:
- Global Village which showcases a colorful setting of country-specific booths and a variety of hands-on activities from around the world;
- World Market with food and merchandise vendors offering a variety of delights and wares;
- Story Time Tent hosted by the Hopkinsville-Christian County Public Library, where tales will be told in different languages throughout the festival;
- Kids Zone presented by the Hopkinsville Family YMCA, where children can play international games and engage in other cultural activities;
- Customs where festival goers may receive a personalized 4” x 6” photograph for their passports to be stamped at each country booth; and the
- Main Stage where world music and dance performances are sure to impress.
The 10th Annual Hopkinsville International Festival also boasts a change in venue to the new Hopkinsville Sportsplex. Festival activities kick off Friday, March 22 and continue Saturday, March 23, 2019.
Hopkinsville Parks & Recreation Superintendent Tab Brockman stated, “International Fest is the opportunity for Hopkinsville to celebrate our community’s diverse culture with citizens from around the world. The event continues to grow as more people from throughout the region learn about the sights, sounds, and food that are part of I-Fest. We’re excited to bring the event to the new Hopkinsville Sportsplex this spring and diversify it even more.”
For additional information on how you can support this important event, please contact Hopkinsville Parks & Recreation Superintendent Tab Brockman at (270) 887-4290 or at .
Walmart Neighborhood Market Store Manager Shane Kostrzebski was welcomed by Hopkinsville International Festival Committee members at a recent check presentation. Pictured left to right: Tony Henson, Idalia Luna, Erica Loving, Kostrzebski, Chris Jung, Toby Hudson, Stacy Cook, and Jeanette Owen.
Walmart Inc. helps people around the world save money and live better - anytime and anywhere - in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, nearly 265 million customers and members visit our more than 11,200 stores under 55 banners in 27 countries and eCommerce websites. With fiscal year 2018 revenue of $500.3 billion, Walmart employs over 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting , on Facebook at and on Twitter at .