Mayor Hendricks Announces Fall 2019 City Diplomat Class
HopkinsvilleMayor Carter M. Hendricks is pleased to announce the members of the 2019 City Diplomat Program. The City received 46 applications to fill fifteen slots in the inaugural program. The City Diplomat Program provides participants the opportunity to learn how to make municipal government work for them, gain knowledge of local municipal government, and have the opportunity to support their community through service, promotion, and volunteerism.
“We are very excited to work with the inaugural class of the City Diplomats. We are thrilled that so many individuals applied to learn more about their city in an effort to help improve the community. We are confident that the participants will enjoy their experience while learning about city government and community living,” said Mayor Hendricks.
The first fifteen applicants were selected to participate while the remaining applicants were placed on a waiting list for future sessions. Classes will be held at 6:00 p.m. on the following dates:
- October 2, 2019, Municipal Center Complex, 715 South Virginia Street
- November 6, 2019, Main Fire Station, 116 West First Street
- December – Service Project – To be determined by group
- January 8, 2020, Public Safety Complex, 101 North Main Street
- February 5, 2020, Municipal Center Complex, 715 South Virginia Street
- March 4, 2020, Municipal Center Complex, 715 South Virginia Street
Tiffany Mumford Brame
Mark A. Young
To learn more about the City Diplomat Program please visit www.hopkinsvilleky.us/diplomat or call Crissy Fletcher, City Clerk at 270-890-0210.