City Offers Funds to Support Small Businesses Affected by COVID-19
Today Hopkinsville Chief Financial Officer Robert Martin announced the availability of much needed funds for small businesses to offset losses caused by the coronavirus pandemic. Eligible businesses may visit for details about the program approved by Hopkinsville City Council yesterday.
The support is offered in the way of stimulus funds available to eligible small businesses as follows:
- Up to $750 for Sole-Proprietor, Partnership, LLC, etc. businesses who do not submit city payroll withholdings
- Up to $2,000 for businesses who do submit city payroll withholdings
Stimulus funds will be paid on first-come, first-serve basis until funds are expended. However, a minimum of $50,000 has been reserved for Sole-Proprietor businesses.
To be eligible for award consideration, businesses must:
- Have experienced a loss due to COVID-19
- Have their Corporate Headquarters located within Christian County, Kentucky
- Have a current Hopkinsville Business License
- Have paid the Minimum Net Profit License Fee of $250 for tax filing year 2019
- NOT have paid a Net Profit License Fee greater than $1,500
- NOT be delinquent on any taxes owed to the City of Hopkinsville – including but not limited to Licenses/Payroll/Property taxes as of September 1, 2020
- Have 25 full-time equivalent employees or fewer
These businesses are NOT eligible for the stimulus:
- Zero return filers
- Rental Businesses (Filing Schedule E)
- Businesses with Net Profits greater than $100,000
Eligible businesses may begin submitting applications for funding beginning Monday, November 2 at 8:00 a.m. Applications may be completed one of two ways:
1. Submit an application online at
2. Pick up a paper application – available beginning Friday, October 30 – from the Hopkinsville Municipal Center, Hopkinsville-Christian County Public Library, or the Christian County Chamber of Commerce.
All completed paper applications must be returned to the Hopkinsville Municipal Center at 715 South Virginia Street. Paper and online applications must be received no later than November 16 by 4:30 p.m. After application review, payments will be made between November 30 and December 15.
For additional information, please call (270) 890-0239 or visit .