T-Mobile Thinks Hoptown is Pretty Sweet!
Today Hopkinsville Mayor Wendell Lynch announced Hoptown was named one of ten finalist communities out of thousands of T-Mobile’s Hometown Techover competition submissions. To celebrate the announcement, the company invites the public to swing by Whistle Stop Donuts to pick up some signature grab & go glazed magenta donuts between 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. today while supplies last.
Mayor Lynch stated, “We are especially thrilled to hear T-Mobile has awarded Hopkinsville a $50,000 grant and that we are in the running to receive up to $3 million more!” He added, “Hopkinsville is known worldwide for its generous spirit. What a treat to be celebrated by a global company that recognizes the many things our community does each day. So, be sure to grab a friend and make today’s break a Whistle Stop Walkover. While you’re here, you can stop by to say thank you to the T-Mobile team that will be on-site.”
City Administrator Troy Body said, “Thanks to powerful contest submissions made by a number of local residents, Hopkinsville stood out to T-Mobile’s selection committee, demonstrating how important it is that each of us do our part to celebrate the great things happening in Hoptown.” He added, “This is the latest in the growing list of national recognitions for Hopkinsville – a testament to the outstanding momentum our community is poised to continue capitalizing on.”
A panel of judges from T-Mobile and Smart Growth America will determine a grand-prize winner based on project feasibility, the town’s need for a network upgrade, and town leadership interest and engagement. Later this summer, one of the 10 finalist towns will be crowned the T-Mobile Hometown Techover winner; however, the remaining nine finalists will each receive a $50,000 grant to help jump-start or complete a project in their community.
The T-Mobile Hometown Techover offers generous investments in the grand prize-winning town which will score a mass of tech goods and services for the community-as-a-whole as well as individual households that, in sum, total more than $3 million.
Among the goodies:
- Community Grant: A $200,000 T-Mobile Hometown Grant and consulting services from Smart Growth America,
- Play Ball: Little League® field refurbishment including a tech upgrade and T-Mobile Little League Call Up Grant support,
- Public Space Tech Upgrade: An Un-carrier style upgrade to a public space like a library, community center or town square,
- Access to T-Mobile Resources: Concierge enrollment in T-Mobile’s Project 10 Million and Connecting Heroes programs, and
- And last, but certainly not least, the bash of all bashes!: A FREE concert for the winning town with 18-time chart-topping, multi-platinum duo Florida Georgia Line.