Hopkinsville Transit Rolls out Third Route; Announces Changes Effective May 2nd
Covering nearly 50 miles, Hopkinsville Transit routes connect a number of local neighborhoods to additional stops along the downtown corridor, Hopkinsville Industrial Park, Commerce Park industrial park, medical facilities, Hopkinsville Community College, and shopping venues throughout town. The newly configured routes also boast twelve new stops including:
- Seimer Milling
- Salvation Army
- Micah Mission
- Mason’s Pointe Apartments/Elm St
- Justice Center
- Chapel House
- Career Center (now on 2 routes)
- Campbell Place
- Bluebird Court @ Pyle Ln
“Hopkinsville Transit services have been hugely successful during its fifteen months of operation. As of April 1, 2016, the system has provided 26,609 rides with its two existing twelve-passenger buses. Adding a third route and bus will increase the transportation system’s capacity by 50%,” Councilman Henson remarked. He added, “With these route adjustments, we look forward to making Hopkinsville Transit even more beneficial to the community.”
Affordable Rates & Convenient Service
Regular fares are extremely affordable at only $1 each way with free transfers. Hopkinsville Transit also offers discounted fares $0.50 for students, seniors, military and the disabled, as well as deeplydiscounted $5 weekly passes and $15 monthly passes. Hopkinsville Transit operates Monday through Friday from 5:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Each bus leaves the transfer station at PACS at the top of each hour.
Some stops have been relocated to different routes. Therefore, existing riders are encouraged to confirm standing deviations and route changes with Hopkinsville Transit dispatch.
Riders may catch a bus by following these instructions:
1. Find a place along a bus route that is convenient for you.
2. Be sure to be near the posted stop sign and on the correct side of the street or designated facility entrance.
3. As the Hopkinsville Transit bus approaches, wave so the driver will know you want to board.
4. Before boarding the bus, allow passengers to exit first. Please have your exact fare ready, as drivers carry no change. As you board, be sure to let the driver know your destination.
5. As you exit, do not cross the street in front of the bus, wait until the bus leaves the stop.
6. If you are transferring between buses, let the driver know as you board. Transfers can only be made at the PACS stop on either route.
7. Passengers may also request additional stops as long as they are within city limits, no more than ¾ of a mile from an established route, and requested at least 48-hours in advance.
To plan your trip, call Hopkinsville Transit dispatch at (270) 890-6055 during office hours: Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
To order copies of transit brochures or other promotional materials, please call (270) 890-0215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Hopkinsville Transit
This Deviated Fixed Route transportation service is a joint project of the City of Hopkinsville and PACS. Hopkinsville Transit services are made possible by funding from the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet/Office of Transportation Delivery and general fund appropriations from Hopkinsville City Council.
All Hopkinsville Transit transportation services are open to the public. Services deviate for the general public, including individuals with or without disabilities.