Hopkinsville Leaf Collection on Second and Final Round
The public is reminded that Hopkinsville Solid Waste began the city’s annual leaf collection in November and has made its first of two passes through town. Those still interested in having their leaves collected are encouraged to get them to the curb or to call soon. Again this year, the public may check to see which areas of town crews are working in, the latest schedule of collection zones, and other helpful guidelines.
Residents who use compostable bags should call Hopkinsville Solid Waste at one of the following numbers to have those bags picked within 48 hours: (270) 887-6245, (270) 887-6244, (270) 887-6246, or (270) 887-6247.
Guide to Quality Service –Help speed up leaf collections by taking note of the following guidelines.
- To find out where collection crews are working, be sure to check for leaf collection updates at www.hoptown.org/leaves, follow our progress on Facebook and Twitter, or lookout for signs in your neighborhood.
- Be ready on collection day. Crews are currently making their second and final pass through the city.
- To avoid obstructing proper drainage and causing equipment damage, place leaves curbside and in your yard:
- not in drainage ditches or on drainage grates,
- not on sidewalks or edges of driveways and streets,
- not over water meter covers or sewer caps, and
- not over any other obstructions or items that may be sucked into the vacuum truck.
- Do not mix leaves with sticks, rocks, bricks, paper, trash, logs, plastic, pumpkins, limbs, brush, or the like. Leaves containing these materials may be bypassed in order to prevent equipment damage and collection delays.
- Do not wet leaves. Frozen leaves may damage vacuum equipment.
- Do not block leaf piles with vehicles.
- If you notice drainage grates clogged in your area, please call Hopkinsville Public Works (270) 890-0600 or visit to request cleaning.
Have additional questions? Please contact the Hopkinsville Solid Waste at (270) 887-6245.