LaChelle Elliot, Hopkinsville Transit's 7500th Rider
Councilman Henson remarked, “We couldn’t be more thrilled with the way Hopkinsville has embraced the much needed public transportation services. We look forward to many more successful months of providing high quality, affordable transportation to our community.”
Hopkinsville Mayor Carter Hendricks echoed those sentiments and invites the public to help celebrate the system’s continued success with our first Hopkinsville Transit: Ride with the Mayor. The event will be held on Wednesday, July 8 from 2pm until 4pm.
For a super affordable $1 fare, there’s no better way to experience the public transportation system than firsthand! To participate:
1. Simply join Mayor Hendricks before the top of the 2pm or 3pm hour at the PACS stop on 11th and Clay Streets.
2. Riders may also catch the buses at any one of the system’s 43 other stops.
3. Buses will leave the PACS stop promptly at 2pm and 3pm.
4. Want to check out both lines? No problem. Transfers between the two lines are free.
5. For more info on Hopkinsville Transit: Ride with the Mayor, please contact (270) 890-0215 or visit www.hoptown.org/transit for a full list of stops and stop schedules.
For details on Hopkinsville Transit services or to plan your trip, call (270) 890-6055 during office hours: Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., visit www.hoptown.org/transit, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Hopkinsville Transit
A joint project of the city and PACS, Hopkinsville Transit provides Deviated Fixed Route transportation services thanks to funding from Hopkinsville City Council and the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet/Office of Transportation Delivery. All Hopkinsville Transit services are open to the general public, including individuals with or without disabilities.