CALENDAR OF EVENTS
March 1 - March 15…..Submit entries by e-mail, hand delivery, or mail
March 15 ………………Deadline for receipt of entry form and digital images
March 24……….……....Artists will be notified of selection of artwork by e-mail
This contest is open to all artists, amateur and professional, who live in the area.
Entries must be the original work of the artist.
WHAT IMAGES TO SUBMIT
1. Entries should be digital images of line drawings suitable for a coloring book.
2. Complicated drawings are preferred.
3. Line drawings can originate from drawings, photographs or paintings.
4. Free downloadable App from the Apple App store, "Colorscape", assists with photo conversion to line drawings.
5. Each applicant may submit up to 7 digital entries.
Submitted images should reflect interesting scenes or events from current or past life in Hopkinsville and Christian County. Consider including human interest scenes, such as capturing the L&N Depot with a train traveling past, or a tobacco barn with a wagon being unloaded.
Examples of appropriate subject matter:
- Alhambra Theater on South Main Street with surrounding area.
- Old Clock tower on 9th Street
- Little River Park on Bethel Street and 9th Street
- L&N Depot on 9th Street
- 6th Street between Main and Virginia Streets
- Amphitheater behind CC Public Library
- Tobacco barns, stables, or farm life
- Founders Square/ Farmers Market
- Landmark businesses, or businesses in historical buildings
- Other interesting places/events in Hopkinsville/Christian County
Henrietta Kemp 270-887-8972 firstname.lastname@example.org
Charlotte Hendricks 205-915-6148 email@example.com
Jim Wille 270-348-2064 firstname.lastname@example.org