A Sustainability Team formed as part of the certification process and continues to work toward green initiatives and goals such as:
- Offering single stream curbside recycling to residents.
- Developing a program to recognize businesses implementing or engaging in sustainable practices.
- Installing electric vehicle charging stations at key public locations such as the new Sudden Service Station rest area.
- Offering incentives to encourage sustainable construction in the city.
- Earning gold or platinum level certification.
Residents can take advantage of the sustainable resources, tips and programs highlighted in the Hopkinsville-Christian County Community Guide to Sustainability.