The goal of the Holiday Decorations Contest is to recognize the efforts of Hopkinsville residents and businesses that encourage community pride and holiday spirit.
- Best Decorated Residence: One award given per city ward (12 awards total). Hopkinsville Beautification Commission members will select the winning residence from their ward from the list of nominees. If no residences are nominated for a specific ward, commission members may select a winner of their choosing. Award is based on use of decorations, creativity, lighting and theme. A residence may not receive the award for 2 consecutive years.
- Best Decorated Business: One award given from nominated businesses. Business must be located in Hopkinsville city limits and own a business license. A committee will review the nominations to select the winner. Award is based on use of decorations, creativity, lighting and theme. A business may not receive the award for 2 consecutive years.
You may nominate your own or another’s residence and/or city business. Notify the Hopkinsville Beautification Commission of your nomination by one of the methods below. Entries accepted until 4:00pm, December 4, 2017.
Mail: City of Hopkinsville, Holiday Decorations Contest, 715 South Virginia Street, Hopkinsville, KY 42240
- A certificate of recognition signed by Mayor Hendricks presented at the Hopkinsville Holiday Celebration, Saturday, December 9th, 2017, (immediately following the Christmas Parade) at Farmers Market Pavilion.
- Recognition on the City of Hopkinsville website
- Recognition on Beautification Commission Facebook page
- Home featured on Hopkinsville Transit Holiday Lights & Decorations bus tours
- Recognition in the Kentucky New Era
2016 Holiday Decoration Contest Winners
Congratulations to all our Holiday Decorations Contest winners. Be sure to drive by these homes this month to enjoy the lights.
Ward 1: Linda White, 1506 E. 1st Street
Ward 2: John Collins, 926 Owen Drive
Ward 3: Roger and Susie Simmoneau, 203 Oriole Drive
Ward 4: Lisa and Kevin Brasher, 802 Bluebird Court
Ward 5: Linda Blankenship, 1055 Pyle Lane
Ward 6: Troy and Tammy Moore, 319 Tremont Drive
Ward 7: Larry and Sharon Walston, 366 Martin Place
Ward 8: Lori Clark & Parrish Sutton, 202 Country Club Lane
Ward 9: Annie and John Mabre, 153 Alumni Avenue
Ward 10: Jarron Bolton and Jessica Parker, 138 Latham Avenue
Ward 11: Kevin and Keri Williams , 216 Benjamin Lane
Ward 12: Robert Martin, 2011 South Main Street
Commercial Business Winner
Chick Fil’A (2016)
Ward 1: Carry Drew, 1529 E. 7th Street
Ward 2: Carl and Cheryl Bumphus, 212 Talbert Drive
Ward 3: Darryl Lacy, 208 Oriole Drive
Ward 4: Chuck and Cathy Henderson, 114 Windsor Drive
Ward 5: Karl and Sondra Kreger 1708 Ivy Lynn Ct
Ward 6: Douglas Scott, 921 Springmont
Ward 7: Philip and Beth Tillman, 385 Martin Place
Ward 8: James C. and Patsy Chambers, 305 Jennie Lane
Ward 9: Roger Hinrichs, 208 Morningside Drive
Ward 10: Steve and Sandy Carlton, 141 Alumni Avenue
Ward 11: Lucian and Jean Gant, 127 Hill Street
Ward 12: Laurel & Lawrence King-Davis, 1925 South Main St.
Commercial Business: H & R Agri-Power