The goal of the Holiday Decorations Contest is to recognize the efforts of Hopkinsville residents and businesses that encourage community pride and holiday spirit.
- Best Decorated Residence: One award given per city ward (12 awards total). Hopkinsville Beautification Commission members will select the winning residence from their ward from the list of nominees. If no residences are nominated for a specific ward, commission members may select a winner of their choosing. Award is based on use of decorations, creativity, and theme. A residence may not receive the award for 2 consecutive years.
- Best Decorated Business: One award given from nominated businesses. Business must be located in Hopkinsville city limits and own a business license. A committee will review the nominations to select the winner. Award is based on use of decorations, creativity, and theme. A business may not receive the award for 2 consecutive years.
You may nominate your own or another’s residence and/or city business. Notify the Hopkinsville Beautification Commission of your nomination by phone, mail, or online form (please see below). Entries will be accepted until December 7 at 5:00pm.
Mail: City of Hopkinsville, Holiday Decorations Contest,715 South Virginia Street, Hopkinsville, KY 42240
- A certificate of recognition signed by the Mayor presented at the Downtown Tree Lighting and Pennyrile Polar Express, Saturday, December 12th, 2015, 6:00pm, at Farmers Market Pavilion.
- Recognition on the City of Hopkinsville website
- Photo of home and business featured in the Kentucky New Era.
2014 Winners List:
1 SamElla Lewis, 146 Clark Street
2 Ronnie Overton, 206 Hilltop Drive
3 Nate and Jessica Otte, 121 Lee Lane
4 William Cody Boyd, 210 Donna Drive
5 Angela Grace, 501 Pyle Lane
6 Troy and Tammy Moore, 319 Tremont Drive
7 Paul and Debbie Hancock, 521 Sands Drive
8 Pamela and Brian Cansler, 2720 Lyndsey Drive
9 The Collie Family, 216 Morningside Drive
10 Barbara Sholar, 102 Mooreland Drive
11 Gordon and Joann Green, 2509 Camilla Drive
12 Jack and Ruth Elliott, 2015 South Main Street
1 Richard & Carolsue Daigre, 1531 E. 7th Street
2 Clyde Martin, 9000 N. Main Street
3 Lisa Joiner & Jeff Utlety, 111A Holly Street
4 Michael Crunk, 601 Mill Spring
5 Linda Blankenship, 1055 Pyle Lane
6 Larry and Regina Arnold, 119 Woodmont
7 Jeff and Holly Tinsley, 3705 Dale Hollow Dr.
8 Steve & Brenda Cavinder, 307 Fairview Dr.
9 Patsy Chambers, 305 Ginnie Lane
10 Ivan and Barbara Baker, 101 Mooreland Drive
11 Sharon Rogers, 1016 Rose Drive
12 Albert and Kathy Williams, 121 Means Ave
Juanita’s Beauty Salon