Video Tour

Finance Frequently Asked Questions

Question: How do I apply for a Beer and/or Liquor License?

Answer: You must first meet City zoning requirements. Unless you are a hotel, motel or restaurant, your establishment must be located in the Downtown Central Business (B-3) District. Hotels, motels, or restaurants can only be located in areas of the City that are zoned for those types of businesses. Any questions concerning zoning can be directed to the Hopkinsville-Christian County Planning Commission at 270-887-4285.

You must file an application with the Office of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) in Frankfort , KY. Applications are available at the City of Hopkinsville ’s Finance Office or can be downloaded from the State’s ABC website at

You must be at least 21 years of age.

You must be a US citizen and a resident of Kentucky for the past year unless you apply as a Corporation, LLC or Limited Partnership.

You may not apply if, within the past five (5) years, you have been convicted of any felony; or within the past two (2) years, you have been convicted of any alcohol or controlled substance misdemeanor.

Once you have received a Beer and/or Liquor License from the State, you must go to the City’s Tax and Revenue Office, located on the first floor of the Hopkinsville Municipal Center at 715 South Virginia Street , to purchase a City Beer and/or Liquor License. You will also be required to apply for a City Business License. The application form for a business license can be downloaded here.

For additional information concerning local alcohol issues, please check City Ordinance Chapter 111 or call the City’s ABC office at 270-890-0239.

For additional information concerning KY alcohol issues, please check the KY ABC website at