Application Deadline Extended for COVID-19 Small Business Stimulus Program
City Chief Financial Officer Robert Martin announced the extension of the city’s Small Business Stimulus program to help offset losses caused by the coronavirus pandemic. Hopkinsville City Council approved $335,000 in grant funds earlier this year for the initiative.
Eligible businesses may submit completed applications one of two ways:
1. Submit an application online at
2. Pick up a paper application from the Hopkinsville Municipal Center, Hopkinsville-Christian County Public Library, or the Christian County Chamber of Commerce.
All completed paper applications must be returned to the Hopkinsville Municipal Center at 715 South Virginia Street. Applications, whether paper or online, must be received no later than December 31 by 4:30 p.m. After application review, second-round stimulus payments will be made in January 2021.
To be eligible for award consideration, businesses must:
- Have experienced a loss due to COVID-19
- Have their Corporate Headquarters located within Christian County, Kentucky
- Have a current Hopkinsville Business License
- Have paid the Minimum Net Profit License Fee of $250 for tax filing year 2019
- NOT have paid a Net Profit License Fee greater than $1,500
- NOT be delinquent on any taxes owed to the City of Hopkinsville – including but not limited to Licenses/Payroll/Property taxes as of September 1, 2020
- Have 25 full-time equivalent employees or fewer
These businesses are NOT eligible for the stimulus:
- Zero return filers
- Rental Businesses (Filing Schedule E)
- Businesses with Net Profits greater than $100,000
Eligible small businesses may be granted stimulus funding as follows:
- Up to $750 for Sole-Proprietor, Partnership, LLC, etc. businesses who do not submit city payroll withholdings
- Up to $2,000 for businesses who do submit city payroll withholdings
Funds will be paid on first-come, first-serve basis until the budget approved by City Council is expended. For additional information, please call (270) 890-0239 or visit .