Mascot Naming Contest
Hopkinsville Solid Waste General Manager Tony Sicari has announced a Hopkinsville-Christian County Recycling Program contest to name the new mascot. Sicari stated, “We’re excited to invite recycling fans help name the new mascot who will become the face of local recycling. What a great time to roll out the contest as we launch curbside recycling in Hopkinsville beginning February 1st .”
Mascot Naming Contest Details & Timeline
- Submit your suggested recycling mascot name by January 28 via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or online form for a chance to win a $25 VISA gift card.
- From those submissions, the Top 5 Names will be declared finalists.
- Recycling fans then will be invited to vote for their favorite names between January 29 and February 4.
- The winning mascot name will be announced at the February 5th City Council meeting.
Mascot Naming Contest Rules
- In the event of duplicate entries, a blind draw will be used to determine which submission will receive priority.
- Names with profanity, political, and/or religious affiliation will not be considered.
- Complete contest terms and conditions are available at hoptown.org/recycle.
In addition to entering the mascot contest, Sicari encouraged Hopkinsville residents to make recycling even easier by signing up for curbside recycling today. Available at only $5.50 per month for residential customers, the curbside recycling program will feature convenient weekly service on regular garbage collection days. Pickup services will begin Friday, February 1 st .
For more information on local recycling efforts, please call Hopkinsville Solid Waste at (270) 887-6245 or visit hoptown.org/recycle.