Hopkinsville's annual leaf collection will begin Monday, November 1 and continue through January 31, 2022. As part of the program, leaves will be collected by large vacuum trucks that cross each section of the city, making two complete passes through each neighborhood and multiple passes on major thoroughfares.
Again this year, Hopkinsville residents have access to a leaf collection map providing a general outline of the order of leaf collections throughout city neighborhoods.
Collection is now underway in this area: Thursday Routes 1-5
The next areas scheduled for collection are: Friday Routes 1-5
For a full list of scheduled zones, please click here.
The public is reminded that residential garbage and trash collection routes will continue unaffected during leaf collection season. This means your leaf pick up will not necessarily be the same day you receive regular service. However, leaves placed in plastic bags will be collected on your regular service day.
If you have other questions or are a resident who uses compostable bags, call Solid Waste at one of the following numbers to have those bags picked within 48 hours: (270) 887-6245, (270) 887-6244, (270) 887-6246, or (270) 887-6247.
Guide to Quality Service – Help speed up leaf collections by taking note of the following guidelines.
- To find out where collection crews are working, be sure to check for leaf collection updates on this website, follow our progress on Facebook and Twitter, or lookout for signs in your neighborhood.
- Be ready on collection day. Crews will make a complete pass through the city before beginning their second pass, so it may be several weeks before they are in your area again.
- To avoid obstructing proper drainage and causing equipment damage, place leaves curbside and in your yard:
- not in the drainage ditches or on drainage grates,
- not on the sidewalks or edges of driveways and streets (but also not so far into yards that equipment vacuums can't reach the leaves).
- not over water meter covers or sewer caps, and
- not over any other obstructions or items that may be sucked into the vacuum truck.
- Do not mix leaves with trash, pumpkins, limbs, brush, sticks, rocks, bricks, or the like. Leaves containing these materials may be bypassed in order to prevent equipment damage and collection delays.
- Do not wet leaves. Frozen leaves may damage vacuum equipment.
- Do not block leaf piles with vehicles.
- If you notice drainage grates clogged in your area, please call (270) 890-0600 or visit www.hoptown.org/help to request cleaning.